Sunday, May 11, 2008

It's Kemani's World


You may or may not know I have twin boys... almost 5 years old.

Raising these busy men alone ain't no kinda joke. I have blogged about the “joys” of twins before…

Kendi, is jive laidback and chill.

But Kemani, the older twin, is 4 going on 24! He tells me, Mom, I am a MAN! I'm like okay.

Last night he discovered a Frederick's of Hollywood catalog.
Comes into my room with it in his hand. "Mom?"
I am playing the Sims 2 (my addiction), "Hmmmh?"
"Imma read this magazine in your room." That sounds suspect, so I look up and see what it is.
"Where did you get this?" taking it from him
"In Jadyn's room" my 11 y.o. daughter
"Son you can't look at this. Why do you want to see it." Can't wait to see what he is gonna say
"But I want to see the girls. The women. I like girls." Eyes all glassy and bright
"Boy get out of here!"

That lil boy is too much! One of my favorite things to say is “I don’t know what is going to happen when Kemani is released onto the world.” The world ain’t ready for him. Hell, most days I ain’t ready for him and I pushed his azz out!

A couple of weeks ago, I was in the kitchen getting ready to make dinner. Here he comes in his everchanging RED PowerRanger costume/get-up.
(I say everchanging because on any given day he will find every RED thing he can get his hands on and lay it out on the floor : one winter PowerRanger glove, a red sock, my measuring cup, a Spiderman glove, a headscarf, 2 or 3 various McDonalds toys, some Lightning McQueen stickers, a red sweatshirt, Mickey Mouse t-shirt, flag printed swim trunks, a PowerRanger hat… then proceed to find someway to put every article of clothing on AND find a way to attach everything else to his person in some kinda way… all the while yelling “S P D Emergency!” I swear I HATE whatever Japanese businessman thought up that ish… but I digress)

Anyway he sees me pulling out hotdogs and proceeds to say “ I want a hotdog”.
I say “ok. I’m fixing it.”
he says “put it in there” (pointing to the microwave)
I say “no, because I am going to fix some fries with it and I want them to get ready at the same time so you can have them together, ok?”
you know it’s not okay… right?

This lil niglet points that PowerRanger sword at me and proceeds to say “I want a hotdog” about 75 times in the span of one minute and a half. so I turn around crouch down, look him in the eye and tell this little big-eyed boy:

“Kemani get away from me before I hurt you.” thru clenched teeth.
you know, the I’m serious momma face

He drops the sword.

takes 3 steps backwards

looks up at me
and says,
“Is this far enough?”
I rest my case.

No comments: